Here are some tips for keeping organized and ready for the 2019 tax season.
- Organize Receipts – Organize your receipts by expense. Taking the time to do it weekly will save you having to set aside time to cover the living room floor with a box of unsorted receipts.
- Keep a Mileage Log – There are many ways to keep a mileage log. Please call us and we will help you design a easy system for you. Many in-vehicle GPS devices will do this for you. They are relative affordable now.
- Bring With You – All supporting documents, such as W-2’s, 1099’s, mortgage interest statements, interest and/or dividend earned statements, etc. Bring your driver license or photo ID, social security cards for everyone who will be on the return.
- We may request documents such as birth certificates, school records, leases or rental agreements, medical records, etc. for dependents. We may also request documentation of income and expenses for those who are self employed via documents such as bank statements, credit card statements, receipts, 1099’s etc.
- W-2 Download – If your W-2 is available for download, please have the necessary information needed so that we can download it for you.
- Refunds – Have your tax refund deposited to a re-loadable Master/Visa Card, deposited directly to your checking or savings account or receive a check in our office.
- Payments – Pay your taxes and choose your date of payment online, or by telephone and have the amount deducted from your checking or savings account or charged to your credit card or you can mail in your payment at one time, monthly, or how you can afford.
Flash Tax © 2017 All Rights Reserved